In the mood for a moist, banana bread-like muffin?! Me too! These Banana Muffins with Chocolate and Peanut Butter Chips are so easy and make the best muffins! A perfect, grabable treat to satisfy your craving for something sweet yet somewhat healthy!
I cannot throw away ripe bananas! They’re so sweet and awesome to bake with. Nothing can top the best banana bread, but these muffins are a close second!
FREEZING RIPE BANANAS
When I don’t have time to use my ripe bananas, I freeze them. To freeze bananas, peel them then chop them into rounds and lay them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Freeze just until the bananas have frozen (30 minutes to an hour). Transfer them to a freezer bag and take them out as needed. Frozen bananas are incredibly tasty in smoothies too!
CHOCOLATE CHIPS AND PB CHIPS
As with banana bread, these muffins are delicious with or without chocolate chips. Peanut butter chips are also optional. If you do add chocolate, you’ve got lots of options such as:
- CHOCOLATE CHUNKS
- CHOPPED UP CHOCOLATE BARS
This recipe for Banana Muffins with Chocolate and Peanut Butter Chips is super easy and requires only a few simple steps.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together.
- Before mashing the bananas, use about a half a banana to cut twelve 1/2 inch rounds. Reserve the rounds to use for decorating the tops of the muffins. Mash the remaining two and a half bananas.
- Break out a whisk together and whisk the sugar and vegetable oil followed by the egg. Use a wooden spoon or spatula to stir in the mashed bananas then gradually stir in in the dry ingredients.
- Stir in the chocolate and or peanut butter chips, if using.
- Pour batter into greased or paper lined muffin cups. Place a banana slice in the center of each muffin and scatter some remaining peanut butter and chocolate chips on top of the muffins.
- You’ll bake them until a toothpick comes out clean or with only a few moist crumbs.
TOPPING THE MUFFINS
Reserve some of the bananas and chocolate/pb chips makes for an adorable topping. Not only does the topping make the muffins cute, it also lets people know what’s in them! so that you can add them to the tops of your muffins. Place a banana slice in the center of each muffin. Scatter some extra peanut butter and chocolate chips on top of the muffins.
Good luck having only one of these muffins! They’re spongy, moist, tasty and will make you excited to have ripe bananas to make them with!Print
Make this easy recipe for Banana Muffins with Chocolate and Peanut Butter Chips for moist, delicious muffins! Perfect for breakfast, a snack, or dessert!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 to 1 1/3 cups ripe bananas, mashed (about 3 medium bananas)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter chips, divided
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a muffin tin with 12 paper cups.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Use about 1/2 of a banana to cut 12 thin banana slices to be used for decoration. Mash the remaining 2 1/2 bananas in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar and vegetable oil. Whisk in the egg followed by the mashed bananas. Stir in the dry ingredients followed by 2 tablespoons each of the peanut butter and chocolate chips.
- Pour batter evenly in the 12 muffin cups. Place a banana slice in the center of each muffin. Scatter the remaining peanut butter and chocolate chips on top of the muffins.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean or with only a few moist crumbs when inserted into the center of a muffin.
This recipe is also delicious using only chocolate chips! Just omit the peanut butter chips and add an extra 1/4 cup of chocolate chips.Use semi-sweet or dark chocolate and mini, regular sized and chocolate chunks all work!
Keywords: banana, peanut butter chips, chocolate chips, moist, breakfast, dessert