Yum! Edible Sugar Cookie Dough! Made with basic pantry ingredients, this easy treat is buttery, rich, and deliciously sweet! Bonus! no baking needed.
ALL ABOUT EDIBLE COOKIE DOUGH
Who isn’t tempted to sneak a taste of sugary, buttery cookie dough. The only problem is that cookie dough has eggs in it! Solution: make egg-free edible cookie dough! It’s so good and you can eat it right out of the bowl!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- No bake: No need to form or bake the cookies. Just enjoy straight out of the mixing bowl!
- Delicious: This buttery, perfectly sweet cookie dough is incredibly delicious!
- Safe to eat: You CAN eat cookie dough without getting sick. It’s safe to eat because the eggs are omitted and the flour is heat treated.
This cookie dough is made up of the usual cookie dough ingredients (minus the eggs). Below are notes about some of the ingredients. See recipe for full list of ingredients.
- Butter: I use unsalted, but salted butter can also be used. Make sure your butter is softened to room temperature.
- Powdered Sugar: I like to use both powdered sugar and granulated. You can use all granulated sugar if you prefer.
- Milk: To make it creamier.
- Vanilla Extract: For its sweet flavor.
- Flour: Heat treated. See below
- Salt: Just a pinch. To bring out the flavor and balance out a little of the sweetness. If using salted butter, you don’t need to add additional salt.
- Mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Sprinkles (optional)
HEAT TREATING THE FLOUR
To make sure the cookie dough is edible, it’s as simple as omitting eggs from the recipe and heat treating the flour. Heat treating the flour is a precautionary step to kill off any existing bacteria. This step is optional but recommended.
Spread the flour on a large parchment paper lined baking sheet and put it in a 350 F oven for six minutes. Allow it to cool then use the flour according to the recipe instructions.
HOW TO ENJOY THIS COOKIE DOUGH
- Straight From the Mixing Bowl: Grab your spoons and dig in!
- In Bowls: Use an ice cream scooper or spoon to serve it in little bowls and enjoy it with a spoon.
- Scooped into Balls: It’s fun to eat by the spoonful but maybe even more fun to eat cookie dough balls! Use a small cookie scoop or a large ice cream scoop to form balls. You can also form them with your hands. Serve them on a dish or in muffin or truffle liners.
There’s really nothing not to love about this Edible Sugar Cookie Dough. This easy recipe makes a rich, buttery, gooey treat. Perfect to make for yourself or to make and share with others!Print
Perfect comfort food: Edible Sugar Cookie Dough! This easy recipe is the perfect no bake treat. It’s rich, buttery, and deliciously sweet!
- 1/2 cup unsalted or salted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour, heat treated (see recipe)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream or whole milk,
- 4–5 tablespoons sprinkles (rainbow or Christmas colored)
- 2–3 tablespoons mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Begin by heat treating the flour. Preheat oven to 350 F. Spread the flour evenly on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Bake 6 minutes. Watch it closely towards the last few minutes to make sure it doesn’t burn. Allow to cool.
- In a large bowl or in the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the sugars and butter on medium for about a minute until combined and light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and milk. Turn the mixer on low and add gradually add the flour and salt until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and/or sprinkles.
- Enjoy straight from the bowl with spoons, scooped and served in individual bowls or scooped or rolled into balls. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Keywords: edible cookie dough, sugar cookie dough, sugar cookies, eggless, no bake, cookies, cookie dough