THE perfect recipe when you’re craving cookie dough: Edible Peanut Butter Cookie Dough. A rich brown butter base, combined with creamy peanut butter, and flavored with both cinnamon and vanilla. The ultimate eggless cookie dough….easy to make and made super decadent when you add your favorite peanut butter/chocolate candy.
ABOUT THIS EDIBLE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE DOUGH
This edible peanut butter cookie dough is high up on my list of favorite comfort foods. There’s just something amazing about a dessert that’s super easy to make, requires no baking time yet is totally homemade! Bonus-it’s made with pantry staple ingredients.
I must have cookie dough on my mind after recently making these Cookie Dough Brownies. If you have a big sweet tooth and are in the mood for another no bake dessert, definitely try my Edible Brownie Batter.
USING LEFTOVER HALLOWEEN CHOCOLATE
To make this cookie dough even more amazing, toss your favorite chocolate/peanut butter treats on top or mix them in. It’s the perfect way to use up leftover candy..
WHAT’S IN THIS PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE DOUGH?
- Butter: I use unsalted but salted works too. If you use salted butter, you’ll probably want to add a little less salt. Just taste and adjust to your liking.
- Peanut Butter
- Brown Sugar: Use light or dark brown sugar. I like dark brown sugar because it has a stronger molasses flavor that goes really well with peanut butter. You can also use just granulated sugar or a combination of brown and granulated.
- Cinnamon: So good with peanut butter!
- Milk or Heavy Cream: I use whole milk. For an extra rich cookie dough, you can use heavy cream.
- Flour: Heat treated, so it’s safe to eat. Heat treating the flour is a precautionary step to kill off any existing bacteria. It only takes a few minutes to do this.
- Add ins: I used 1/4 cup of Reese’s Pieces and 1/4 cup of chopped peanut butter cups.
OTHER ADD IN SUGGESTIONS
I had peanut butter cups leftover from making my Peanut Butter Cup Brownies and Reese’s Pieces leftover from my Peanut Butter Donuts. Since this was another peanut buttery dessert, they were the perfect add ins!
Some other add in ideas include:
- Chopped Chocolate Bars
- Mini or Regular Chocolate Chips
- Peanut Butter Chips: The Cookie Rookie has this Edible Peanut Butter Cookie recipe that uses peanut butter chips and sounds delicious!
BROWNING THE BUTTER
Brown butter is butter that has developed a nutty, rich flavor after being slowly cooked on the stove. I love baking with it and have used it to make lots of yummy recipes like these Brown Butter Brown Sugar Cupcakes with Brown Sugar Cream Cheese Icing and these Brown Butter Brownies.
I highly recommend browning your butter for this recipe. It’s amazingly rich and flavorful with peanut butter and is so worth making.
DO I HAVE TO BROWN THE BUTTER?
You can definitely make this cookie dough without browning the butter. You’ll just want to make sure the butter is room temperature so you can cream it with the peanut butter and sugar.
HOW TO MAKE EDIBLE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE DOUGH
- Start by browning the butter. Set it aside to cool.
- Heat treat the flour.
- Beat the butter and sugar. Add the vanilla and milk followed by the dry ingredients. Add more milk if you want it to be creamier.
- Add your favorite chocolate or peanut butter treats. Either stir it in or sprinkle it on top.
HOW TO ENJOY THIS COOKIE DOUGH
This recipe makes about 1 3/4 cups of cookie dough. You can easily double the recipe if you want to share it with more people or if you just want to keep it in the fridge for a few days to enjoy.
Here are some ways to serve this cookie dough:
- Eat it with a spoon straight from the mixing bowl!
- Serve it in individual bowls.
- Roll into bite sized balls.
- Scoop it with an ice cream scooper and enjoy them like monster sized cookie dough balls.
You don’t need a lot of time or kitchen skills to make this deliciously easy Edible Peanut Butter Cookie Dough. It’s made with some of the most delicious ingredients around including brown butter, peanut butter and chocolate! Perfect way to use up leftover Halloween candy. Enjoy this straight from the mixing bowl or rolled into bite sized treats. Yum!Print
Edible Peanut Butter Cookie Dough: an easy recipe made with a rich brown butter base, peanut butter, cinnamon, vanilla and your favorite chocolate. Perfect for leftover Halloween candy!
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter*
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, light or dark
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3–4 tablespoons milk or heavy cream
- 1/2 cup of your favorite chocolate and or peanut butter candy
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Melt the butter in a wide, shallow saucepan over medium heat. (Use a light colored pan if possible as this will help you better notice the butter change color). Start whisking it occasionally after the butter has melted and when the butter starts bubbling.
- The bubbles will turn to foam after 4-9 minutes. Once the butter starts foaming, you’ll want to whisk constantly so that you can better see what is going on underneath the foam.
- When brown bits begin forming on the bottom, remove from heat and pour it into a mixing bowl. Allow it to cool til it’s room temperature.
- To heat treat the flour, spread the flour evenly on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Bake eight minutes. Cool completely. Once cooled, sift to combine the flour, cinnamon and salt.
- In a large bowl or in the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the sugar, peanut butter and butter on medium until creamy and combined. (Beat for two minutes if using room temperature butter or just until combined if using brown butter). Add the vanilla followed by the milk or heavy cream. Turn the mixer on low and add gradually add the flour, cinnamon and salt until combined. Stir in the chocolate. Enjoy with spoons or scooped or rolled into cookie dough truffles or balls. Store in an air tight container in the fridge.
*Butter can be browned as per recipe instructions. Alternatively, you can skip browning it and use room temperature butter.
Keywords: cookie dough, brown butter, browned butter, peanut butter, edible, no bake, halloween candy