Edible Peanut Butter Cookie Dough! Rich brown butter combined with creamy peanut butter, warm cinnamon and sweet vanilla extract. The ultimate eggless cookie dough recipe….easy to make and made super decadent.
THIS EDIBLE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE DOUGH IS:
- Packed with Peanut Butter
- The Ultimate Comfort Food! Brown butter, peanut butter, plus chocolate add ins!!
- A Simple Recipe: It requires no baking time and only a few steps.
- Totally Homemade
- Made with Pantry Staple Ingredients
WHAT’S THE BEST COOKIE DOUGH?
WHAT’S IN THIS PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE DOUGH?
- Butter: I use unsalted but salted works too. If you use salted butter, you’ll probably want to add a little less salt. Taste and adjust to your liking.
- Peanut Butter
- Brown Sugar: Use light or dark brown sugar. I like dark brown sugar because it has a stronger molasses flavor that goes really well with peanut butter. You can also use just granulated sugar or a combination of brown and granulated.
- Cinnamon: So good with peanut butter!
- Vanilla Extract: For added flavor.
- Milk or Heavy Cream: I use whole milk. For an extra rich cookie dough, you can use heavy cream.
- All Purpose Flour: Heat treated, so it’s safe to eat. Heat treating the flour is a precautionary step to kill off any existing bacteria. It only takes a few minutes to do this.
- Add Ins: I used 1/4 cup of Reese’s Pieces and 1/4 cup of chopped peanut butter cups.
ADD TOPPINGS FOR MORE FLAVOR
This edible peanut butter cookie dough is delicious as is. To make it more delicious and more fun, mix in some of your favorite toppings!
I had peanut butter cups leftover from making my Peanut Butter Cup Brownies and Reese’s Pieces leftover from my Peanut Butter Donuts. Since this was another peanut buttery dessert, they were the perfect add ins!
MORE ADD IN SUGGESTIONS
- Snickers: Chopped or mini Snickers
- Chopped Peanuts: Perfect since this is a peanut butter dessert!
- Chopped Chocolate Bars
- Mini or Regular Chocolate Chips
- Peanut Butter Chips
BROWNING THE BUTTER
Brown butter is butter that has developed a nutty, rich flavor after being slowly cooked on the stove. I love baking with it and have used it to make lots of delicious recipes like these Brown Butter Brown Sugar Cupcakes with Brown Sugar Cream Cheese Icing and these Brown Butter Brownies.
I highly recommend browning your butter for this recipe. It’s amazingly rich and flavorful with peanut butter and is so worth making.
DO I HAVE TO BROWN THE BUTTER?
You can definitely make this cookie dough without browning the butter. You’ll just want to make sure the butter is room temperature so you can cream it with the peanut butter and sugar.
HOW TO MAKE EDIBLE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE DOUGH
- Start by browning the butter. Set it aside to cool.
- Heat treat the flour.
- Beat the butter and sugar. Add the vanilla and milk followed by the dry ingredients. Add more milk if you want it to be creamier.
- Add your favorite chocolate or peanut butter treats. Either stir it in or sprinkle it on top.
HOW TO ENJOY THIS COOKIE DOUGH
This recipe makes about 1 3/4 cups of cookie dough. You can easily double the recipe if you want to share it with more people or if you just want to keep it in the fridge for a few days to enjoy.
Here are some ways to serve this cookie dough:
- Eat it with a spoon straight from the mixing bowl!
- Serve it in individual bowls.
- Roll into bite sized balls.
- Scoop it with an ice cream scooper and enjoy them like monster sized cookie dough balls.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS EDIBLE COOKIE DOUGH RECIPE
Raw cookie dough isn’t safe to eat because the eggs and flour are uncooked. This cookie dough is made edible by omitting the eggs and heat treating the flour.
No. You do need to heat treat the flour, but the dough does not need to be baked.
You don’t need a lot of time or kitchen skills to make this deliciously easy Edible Peanut Butter Cookie Dough. It’s made with some of the most delicious ingredients around including brown butter, peanut butter and chocolate! Perfect way to use up leftover Halloween candy. Enjoy this straight from the mixing bowl or rolled into bite sized treats. Yum!Print
Edible Peanut Butter Cookie Dough: an easy recipe made with a rich brown butter base, peanut butter, cinnamon, vanilla and your favorite chocolate. Perfect for leftover Halloween candy!
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter*
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, light or dark
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3–4 tablespoons milk or heavy cream
- 1/2 cup of your favorite chocolate and or peanut butter candy
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Melt the butter in a wide, shallow saucepan over medium heat. (Use a light colored pan if possible as this will help you better notice the butter change color). Start whisking it occasionally after the butter has melted and when the butter starts bubbling.
- The bubbles will turn to foam after 4-9 minutes. Once the butter starts foaming, you’ll want to whisk constantly so that you can better see what is going on underneath the foam.
- When brown bits begin forming on the bottom, remove from heat and pour it into a mixing bowl. Allow it to cool til it’s room temperature.
- To heat treat the flour, spread the flour evenly on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Bake eight minutes. Cool completely. Once cooled, sift to combine the flour, cinnamon and salt.
- In a large bowl or in the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the sugar, peanut butter and butter on medium until creamy and combined. (Beat for two minutes if using room temperature butter or just until combined if using brown butter). Add the vanilla followed by the milk or heavy cream. Turn the mixer on low and add gradually add the flour, cinnamon and salt until combined. Stir in the chocolate. Enjoy with spoons or scooped or rolled into cookie dough truffles or balls. Store in an air tight container in the fridge.
*Butter can be browned as per recipe instructions. Alternatively, you can skip browning it and use room temperature butter.
Keywords: cookie dough, brown butter, browned butter, peanut butter, edible, no bake, halloween candy