This homemade No Churn Roasted Strawberry Ice Cream is creamy, delicious and refreshing! Made with fresh, roasted strawberries, it’s the perfect dessert recipe for spring and summer!
This homemade strawberry ice cream so creamy and delicious. It’s also super easy to make! It’s less than 20 minutes of easy prep work.
No churn means there’s no ice cream maker needed. You just mix it together and pop it in the freezer!
- Heavy cream
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Strawberries: Roasting the strawberries intensifies the strawberry flavor and sweetness.
Step One: Roast the strawberries. Sprinkle strawberries with sugar and roast them for 30 minutes, stirring halfway. Cool then lightly mash strawberries and their liquid.
Hint! Do not discard the juice the strawberries have given off. It will add flavor to the ice cream!
Step Two: Combine the cooled strawberries and the sweetened condensed milk.
Step Three: Whip the heavy whipping cream. Whip on high speed until medium peaks form.
Step Four: Fold a cup of the whipped cream into the condensed milk and berry mixture. Next, fold the condensed milk mixture into the bowl of whipped cream until combined.
Step Five: Pour the mixture into a prepared pan and freeze for 4-6 hours.
TIPS FOR MAKING WHIPPED CREAM
- Since cream whips better when it’s cold, it’s good to keep the cream in the fridge until you use it.
- I also put my bowl and beaters in the freezer for at least a few minutes before using them. The cold bowl makes it easier to whip the cream.
This No Churn Roasted Strawberry Ice Cream is bursting with intense flavor from roasted strawberries! It’s a sweet, creamy and delicious treat that’s easy to make!
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 2 pounds fresh strawberries, hulled and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F. Place the strawberries on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle the two tablespoons over sugar over top and roast for 30 minutes, stirring halfway. Allow the strawberries cool then lightly mash them along with their liquid.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the cooled strawberries with the sweetened condensed milk. Set aside.
- In a large bowl or bowl of an electric mixer, whip the heavy whipping cream on high speed just until medium peaks form.
- Gently fold in about a cup of the whipped cream into the condensed milk and berry mixture and then fold the condensed milk mixture into the bowl of whipped cream until combined.
- Pour the mixture into a 9 x 5 x 3 inch bread tin or two 8 round or square baking pans lined with parchment paper and freeze for 4-6 hours. After 4-6 hours, serve. If not enjoying right away, cover with a layer of plastic wrap and two layers of aluminum foil.
Keywords: strawberries, roasted strawberries, strawberry sauce, ice cream, strawberry ice cream, raspberries , no churn ice cream