No Churn Raspberry Oreo Ice Cream….hands down the creamiest, most delicious dessert to come out of your freezer. It’s classic cookies and cream ice cream with some fresh fruit mixed in for a burst of fresh flavor! Made with just 5 ingredients: heavy whipping cream, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, raspberries, and, of course, Oreo cookies! Takes just minutes to assemble and the freezer does the rest. No ice cream maker needed. It’s simple, tasty, and is basically the best summer treat!
MAKING ICE CREAM AT HOME
There’s something really satisfying about making your own ice cream. Once you see how easy it is, you’ll want to make it all summer. I don’t have an ice cream maker yet, but this no churn method works just fine.
EQUIPMENT AND INGREDIENTS
To make no churn ice cream, you’ll need a hand or stand mixer to beat the heavy whipping cream. My recipe also uses a can of sweetened condensed milk. The rest of the ingredients are just your flavoring. For this recipe, the other ingredients are: vanilla, berries (raspberries, strawberries or blackberries work well), and Oreos!
WHY MAKE ICE CREAM AT HOME?
Making ice cream is sort of one of those foods that’s super satisfying to make. You feel like “wow, I made that!”
Store bought ice cream is also one of those foods that can have dye and artificial ingredients in it. It’s nice to know and see what’s going into your ice cream. I know this doesn’t make ice cream a health food (darn!), but it makes it less unhealthy!
OREO ICE CREAM
Oreo or cookies and cream ice cream always reminds me of my childhood neighbor Bryan. He spent so much time at our house that my mom would make sure to have his favorite ice cream in the freezer. I remember always liking it but finding the cream/sweetness just a little tiny bit much.
Solution to the creaminess for me is: fruit! I’ve made this with raspberries, strawberries and blackberries. All delicious! It’s definitely yummy without fruit, but for me it adds some freshness that I like and it makes me enjoy the creamy parts even more!
KEEPING THINGS COOL
This Oreo ice cream recipe is super easy. One important tip for making it is to keep the cream and even the beaters cold.
Since cream whips better when it’s cold, it’s good to keep the cream in the fridge until you use it. I also put my bowl and beaters in the freezer for at least a few minutes before using them since a warm bowl would increase the temperature of the cream.
HOW TO MAKE NO CHURN ICE CREAM
- Whip the heavy whipping cream. Use a hand mixer or stand mixer to whip the cream to medium peaks. If you have a stand mixer, it’s easier because it does all the work.
- Next, gently fold in the vanilla and sweetened condensed milk to the whipped cream followed by the Oreos and finally the raspberries. Be gentle when folding ingredients in so that you don’t deflate the whipped cream. Don’t worry too much about breaking the berries if using raspberries or blackberries. They’ll be yummy if broken up a bit or if they stay whole.
- Pour the no churn ice cream mixture into your loaf pan or pie pan. Cover it with plastic wrap then freeze it for 4-6 hours or overnight.
Hope I’ve convinced you to make homemade ice cream! This no churn Raspberry Oreo Ice Cream recipe couldn’t be easier or more delicious. Super creamy, chocolatey, and bits of summer berries make it fresh tasting!Print
This easy no churn Raspberry Oreo Ice Cream recipe makes the creamiest, most delicious dessert! You’ll love the bits of Oreo cookies and tart, sweet berries!
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 10 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 20 Oreo cookies, crushed
- 6 ounces fresh raspberries, roughly chopped
- Crush the Oreos in a food processor or chop them with a knife. Alternatively, you can place them in a large zip lock back and hit them with a rolling pin! I like the chop/crush them pretty finely and to leave a few larger pieces.
- In a large bowl or bowl of an electric mixer, whip the heavy cream on until medium peaks form.
- Using a spatula, gently fold in the vanilla and sweetened condensed milk. Gently fold in the Oreos followed by the raspberries. Pour mixture into a standard loaf pan, cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 6-8 hours.
- When ready to serve, remove pan from freezer and remove plastic wrap. Allow to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes before serving.
Keywords: Oreos, Oreo Cookies, Oreo, Chocolate, Raspberries, Raspberry, Frozen, Ice Cream, Cookies and Cream, No Churn