Creamy, homemade No Churn Birthday Cake Ice Cream is a simple recipe that gets its birthday cake flavor from sweet vanilla extract, lots of rainbow sprinkles and a buttery birthday cake crumble!
This Birthday Cake Ice Cream is a birthday cake in ice cream form! It’s perfectly sweet, sprinkle filled and flavored with vanilla!
This no churn ice cream recipe includes birthday cake crumbles. The crumbles add birthday cake flavor and texture.
For more birthday cake recipes, try my Birthday Cake Cookies as well as my Birthday Cake Donuts!
WHY THIS RECIPE WORKS
- Filled with sprinkles: The rainbow sprinkles add a festive look!
- Rich and creamy: The ice cream has a base of heavy cream and sweetened condensed milk. The ingredients tell you how rich and creamy it is!
- Birthday cake crumbles: The crumbles add birthday cake flavor and texture. The birthday cake crumble add the perfect bits of texture.
- Easy to make: It only takes about twenty minutes to mix together. No ice cream maker needed!
WHAT DOES NO CHURN ICE CREAM MEAN?
No churn means there’s no ice cream maker needed for this recipe! It’s just fresh whipped cream with sweetened condensed milk and some delicious ingredients folded in for flavor.
- Heavy cream
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Birthday cake crumbles
- Rainbow sprinkles
- Vanilla extract
- Birthday Cake Crumble-This simple crumble tastes like bits of birthday cake in the ice cream!
ABOUT THE BIRTHDAY CAKE CRUMBLE
Rather than making both a birthday cake AND ice cream, we’re making a simple birthday cake crumble. This crumble tastes like bits of birthday cake in the ice cream!
This crumble is easy to mix together and takes only ten minutes to bake.
INSTRUCTIONS- BIRTHDAY CAKE CRUMBLE
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the indgredients for the crumble. Stir them together with a spoon or mix them with a hand held mixer until combined and mixture forms small clusters. Spread the mixture evenly on the baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Use a fork, your hands or even a knife to break up/chop some of the larger chunks. They become hard when frozen, so it’s best to break them into smaller bits.
INSTRUCTIONS- NO CHURN ICE CREAM
- Make the birthday cake crumble: Combine the ingredients for the crumble. Spread them out on a baking sheet and bake. Allow to cool.
- Whip the heavy whipping cream: Beat the cold cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in more ingredients and beat til stiff peaks. Fold in the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and salt until well combined. Fold in the birthday cake crumbles followed by the sprinkles.
- Pour the ice cream into a pan: Pour the mixture into your parchment paper lined pan. Top with extra sprinkles if desired.
- Freeze: Wrap the mixture with both plastic wrap and aluminum foil and freeze for 4-6 hours.
Store birthday cake ice cream in a in freezer safe, airtight container. I prefer to keep mine in two separate containers so that they aren’t opened as often. Keep your ice cream in the bottom (or back) of your freezer where the temperature doesn’t fluctuate as much.
Yes! Homemade ice cream only takes minutes to assemble. It’s worth making at home because you can use your favorite flavors and add ins!
Both the ice cream and crumbles are flavored with vanilla, so the ice cream has a vanilla flavor. It’s studded with lots of sprinkles and bits of birthday cake crumbles.
Homemade Birthday Cake Ice Cream is a perfect treat whether you’re celebrating a birthday or not! It’s made with simple pantry ingredients and does not require an ice cream maker. It’s ultra creamy, vanilla flavored and studded with lots of sprinkles and buttery birthday crumbles! You will definitely want to have this in your freezer all summer long!Print
Birthday Cake Ice Cream
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours 20 minutes
- Yield: 8-10 servings
- Category: Ice Cream
- Method: Freezer, No Bake
- Cuisine: American
No Churn Mixed Birthday Cake Ice Cream is an easy homemade recipe made with birthday cake crumbles and lots of rainbow sprinkles. It’s super creamy, perfectly sweet, and delicious!
FOR THE BIRTHDAY CAKE CRUMBLE
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons rainbow sprinkles
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
FOR THE ICE CREAM
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, cold
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 3/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- birthday cake crumbles (recipe above)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles (as desired)
FOR THE BIRTHDAY CAKE CRUMBLE
Preheat oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, combine the indgredients for the crumble. Stir them together with a spoon or mix them with a hand held mixer until combined and mixture forms small clusters. Spread the mixture evenly on the baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.
Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. Break up larger clumps with your hands or a fork if too large. (I prefer to have a mix of some small and some just slightly larger chunks).
FOR THE BIRTHDAY CAKE ICE CREAM
- In a large bowl or bowl of an electric mixer, whip the heavy cream on high speed just until stiff peaks form.
- Carefully fold in the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and salt until well combined. Fold in the birthday cake crumbles and sprinkles. Pour mixture into a or a 9 x 5 x 3 inch bread tin, or 9 x 9 inch square pan lined with parchment paper, cover with plastic wrap and aluminum foil and freeze in the coldest part of your freezer for 4-6 hours.
Keywords: ice cream, no churn, birthday cake, birthday cake ice cream, funfetti, golden oreos, sprinkles, no churn ice cream
This ice-cream is so delicious I have made it twice and will definitely be making again and again and again ……..
Hi Polly, Thanks so much for making this Birthday Cake Ice Cream! So happy to hear you’ve made it twice already! Yay! Thanks for taking the time to comment! Have an awesome day XO Natalie