Don’t you just want to sink your teeth into one of these Triple Chocolate Crinkle Cookies?! Trust me, you’ll love their powdered sugar coating, crispy crust, and cakey/brownie-like taste and texture! Made with three types of chocolate, they will be the answer to all your chocolate needs and dreams.
These cookies go into the oven as powdery white balls and come out with cute, crinkly, black and white tops. Most of the powdered sugar remains on the exterior, but the cracks give the cookie their distinct look and reveal the rich chocolate flavor that awaits inside!
TASTE AND TEXTURE
One of the things you’ll first notice when eating these classic cookies is the thick coating of powdered sugar. That sweet powdered sweetness will be immediately followed by chocolate. These heavenly treats have melted unsweetened chocolate, cocoa powder, and mini chocolate chips all mixed together and that gives them the richness of a brownie!
In terms of texture, you’ll find the most delightful crust that gives way to a center that’s a cross between a cake and a brownie.
These Triple Chocolate Crinkle Cookies are easy to make! You whisk or sift the dry ingredients together, cream the butter and sugar together, combine the wet and dry ingredients along with your chocolate and then let the dough chill. Letting the dough chill helps the flavor develop, makes the dough easier to shape, and keeps the balls from spreading when baked.
Once your dough is nicely chilled, you roll the dough into one inch balls. You can eyeball this or use a scooper. Next, you just roll the balls in powdered sugar and place them on the cookie sheet. Bake, cool, then eat!
INGREDIENTS AND SIZE
I’ve come across a lot of chocolate crinkle cookie recipes that call for oil instead of butter. You can either one. Also, if you want larger cookies, just make the balls a bit bigger and you may need to cook them a little longer.
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies are right up there with Snickerdoodles and Chocolate Chips cookie in my opinion! For some reason, they’re more common during the holidays. I think they’re awesome and that you can make and enjoy them year round! Packed with chocolate, covered in dusty powdered sugar and full of homemade love, these Chocolate Crinkle Cookies are a classic for good reason!
For more chocolate recipes, make my:
- Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Chocolate Gingerbread Cupcakes with Whipped Cream
- Orange Chocolate Chunk Cookies
These rich, chocolately Triple Chocolate Crinkle cookies are irresistible. The crisp, light crust gives way to a cakey, brownie-like center.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 cup powdered sugar
1. Sift or whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder and set aside.
2. In a medium sized bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugars together on medium speed for about 2 minutes or until mixture is light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla followed by the melted chocolate. On low speed, mix in the flour until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips. Form the dough into a ball and cover tightly with plastic wrap.
3. Refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours or overnight.
4. When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 F and line baking sheets with parchment paper. Form dough into 1-inch balls and roll them in powdered sugar, coating them completely. Place balls 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes. Let cool on cooling racks.