Creamy, homemade No Churn Birthday Cake Ice Cream is a simple recipe that gets its birthday cake flavor from sweet vanilla extract, lots of rainbow sprinkles and a buttery birthday cake crumble!
ABOUT THIS BIRTHDAY CAKE ICE CREAM
Growing up, our birthday cakes were always accompanied with a big scoop of ice cream right on the plate. This Birthday Cake Ice Cream is a birthday cake in ice cream form!
This no churn ice cream recipe includes birthday cake crumbles. The crumbles add birthday cake flavor and texture. Bonus! Birthday crumbles take much less time than actually making a cake.
THIS BIRTHDAY CAKE ICE CREAM IS:
- Fun! This ice cream is a party in ice cream form! It’s fun to throw together and rainbow sprinkles and sprinkle filled cake crumbles give this cake a cheery, festive look!
- Easy to make: It only takes about twenty minutes of easy prep then the freezer does the rest.
- Delicious: This ice cream is perfectly sweet as you’d imagine it to be. It’s ultra creamy and delicious. The added bits of birthday cake crumble add the perfect bits of texture.
- Perfect for any occasion: It’s the perfect dessert whether or not you’re celebrating a birthday!
WHAT ELSE CAN I MAKE WITH SPRINKLES?
I can’t talk about birthday cake recipes without mentioning my delicious, sprinkle-filled Birthday Cake Cookies! So many readers made them to give out during drive by birthday parties during the pandemic and I’m so glad they brought some cheer to people!
Donut/sprinkles fans will also love my recipe for Birthday Cake Donuts! Donuts are a naturally fun food but sprinkles make them even more fun!
WHAT DOES NO CHURN ICE CREAM MEAN?
No churn means there’s no ice cream maker needed for this recipe! It’s just fresh whipped cream with sweetened condensed milk and some delicious ingredients folded in for flavor. It’s less than 20 minutes of easy prep work then you just stick it in the freezer!
WHAT’S IN THIS NO CHURN ICE CREAM?
- Heavy cream
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Birthday cake crumbles
- Rainbow sprinkles
- Vanilla extract
- Birthday Cake Crumble
ABOUT THE BIRTHDAY CAKE CRUMBLE
Almost all my recipes are completely homemade. That said, I also like to try to keep my recipes on the simple side. Rather than asking readers to make both a birthday cake AND ice cream, we’re making a simple birthday cake crumble.
This crumble is much easier to mix together and takes only ten minutes to bake. It tastes like bits of birthday cake in the ice cream!
HOW DO YOU MAKE THE BIRTHDAY CAKE CRUMBLE?
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the indgredients for the crumble. Stir them together with a spoon or mix them with a hand held mixer until combined and mixture forms small clusters. Spread the mixture evenly on the baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Use a fork, your hands or even a knife to break up/chop some of the larger chunks. They become hard when frozen, so it’s best to break them into smaller bits.
STEPS FOR MAKING THIS NO CHURN ICE CREAM
- Make the birthday cake crumble: Combine the ingredients for the crumble. Spread them out on a baking sheet and bake. Allow to cool.
- Whip the heavy whipping cream: Beat the cold cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in more ingredients and beat til stiff peaks. Fold in the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and salt until well combined. Fold in the birthday cake crumbles followed by the sprinkles.
- Pour the ice cream into a pan: Pour the mixture into your parchment paper lined pan. Top with extra sprinkles if desired.
- Freeze: Wrap the mixture with both plastic wrap and aluminum foil and freeze for 4-6 hours.
Store birthday cake ice cream in a in freezer safe, airtight container. I prefer to keep mine in two separate containers so that they aren’t opened as often. Keep your ice cream in the bottom (or back) of your freezer where the temperature doesn’t fluctuate as much.
Yes! Homemade ice cream only takes minutes to assemble. It’s worth making at home because you can use your favorite flavors and add ins!
Both the ice cream and crumbles are flavored with vanilla, so the ice cream has a vanilla flavor. It’s studded with lots of sprinkles and bits of birthday cake crumbles.
Homemade Birthday Cake Ice Cream is a perfect treat whether you’re celebrating a birthday or not! It’s made with simple pantry ingredients and does not require an ice cream maker. It’s ultra creamy, vanilla flavored and studded with lots of sprinkles and buttery birthday crumbles! You will definitely want to have this in your freezer all summer long!Print
No Churn Mixed Birthday Cake Ice Cream is an easy homemade recipe made with birthday cake crumbles and lots of rainbow sprinkles. It’s super creamy, perfectly sweet, and delicious!
FOR THE BIRTHDAY CAKE CRUMBLE
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons rainbow sprinkles
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
FOR THE ICE CREAM
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, cold
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 3/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- birthday cake crumbles (recipe above)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles (as desired)
FOR THE BIRTHDAY CAKE CRUMBLE
Preheat oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, combine the indgredients for the crumble. Stir them together with a spoon or mix them with a hand held mixer until combined and mixture forms small clusters. Spread the mixture evenly on the baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.
Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. Break up larger clumps with your hands or a fork if too large. (I prefer to have a mix of some small and some just slightly larger chunks).
FOR THE BIRTHDAY CAKE ICE CREAM
- In a large bowl or bowl of an electric mixer, whip the heavy cream on high speed just until stiff peaks form.
- Carefully fold in the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and salt until well combined. Fold in the birthday cake crumbles and sprinkles. Pour mixture into a or a 9 x 5 x 3 inch bread tin, or 9 x 9 inch square pan lined with parchment paper, cover with plastic wrap and aluminum foil and freeze in the coldest part of your freezer for 4-6 hours.
Keywords: ice cream, no churn, birthday cake, birthday cake ice cream, funfetti, golden oreos, sprinkles, no churn ice cream