Peanut butter butterscotch bars are THE perfect dessert for those of us who wish peanut butter balls were around year round. All the sweet, creamy taste of peanut butter and melted chocolate and butterscotch on top of a peanut butter and graham cracker crust! These bars are gooey, rich and decadent. They also happen to be super easy, no bake and very pantry friendly.
ABOUT PEANUT BUTTER BUTTERSCOTCH BARS
My grandmother’s amazing peanut butter ball recipe was a big hit with my fellow peanut butter ball lovers when I shared it last December! It’s amazing because the balls are coated in both melted chocolate AND melted butterscotch. It makes the coating extra thick and delicious!
These peanut butter butterscotch bars are my grandmother’s peanut butter balls in bar form. Similar recipe and steps but even easier because you don’t need to form or coat any balls. It’s just two delicious layers in a pan. Yum!
HOW TO MAKE PEANUT BUTTER BARS
To make these bars, you’ll just make the base. Unlike a lot of other bar recipes, there’s no need to bake the crust. Just top it with the melted chocolate mixture, pop it in the fridge for a couple of hours and they’re ready to slice and enjoy!
NO BAKE GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST
For the base, you’ll first mix together:
- powdered sugar
- graham cracker crumbs
- melted butter
Next, stir in 1 cup of peanut butter. By the way, if you love peanut butter, check out my favorite classic peanut butter cookies or if you’re a stuffed cookie fan, try these peanut butter stuffed salted brownie cookies!
Spread the mixture evenly on the bottom of your parchment paper lined pan. You can use your fingers to do this. An offset spatula also works really well for this too.
MAKING THE TOPPING FOR PEANUT BUTTER BARS
Melt together the following ingredients:
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- butterscotch chips
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
Spread this delicious mixture on top of the base.
CHILLING THE PEANUT BUTTER BARS
Again, no bake means they go into the fridge instead of in the oven. Cover the bars with plastic wrap and place them in the fridge to firm up.
SERVING THE PEANUT BUTTER BARS
Once chilled, use the parchment paper to lift the bars out of the pan. Slice and serve! The bars are best eaten straight from the fridge, if possible.
These peanut butter butterscotch bars come together in just a few simple steps. Filled with chocolate, butterscotch and lots of peanut butter, they will satisfy any sweet tooth, any time of the year!
For more delicious peanut butter recipes, check out my:
- No Churn Peanut Butter and Jelly Ice Cream with Peanut Butter Cups
- Banana Muffins with Chocolate and Peanut Butter Chips
- Cinnamon Oatmeal Raisin Cookies with Peanut Butter Chips
- Peanut Butter Stuffed Salted Brownie Cookies
Easy Peanut Butter Butterscotch Bars are the best no bake treat! They feature decadent layers of peanut butter and graham crackers, chocolate and butterscotch! They’re sweet, rich and totally delicious!
- 1/2 cup butter, salted or unsalted, melted
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs, from about 8 full sheets
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Line an 8 inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, stir together the melted butter, graham cracker crumbs and powdered sugar. Add 1 cup of peanut butter. Stir mixture together and press evenly into the bottom of a pan using your fingers or an offset spatula.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of peanut butter with the chocolate and butterscotch chips in the microwave using 30 second bursts. Stir well after each interval. Continue until mixture is smooth and melted.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over peanut butter layer and spread evenly.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours, or until firm. Best if enjoyed straight from the fridge and stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
Keywords: Peanut Butter Bars, No bake, butterscotch, butterscotch chips, chocolate chips, chocolate, peanut butter, dessert