These Peanut Butter Cup Brownies are rich, chocolatey brownies topped with peanut butter cups. If you love chocolate and peanut butter, you will love this brownie recipe! Use regular peanut butter cups or peanut butter cup monster faces for Halloween.
These peanut butter cups are super rich and chocolatey. They are topped with peanut butter cups. These are super easy to make and are a peanut butter and chocolate lover’s dream dessert!
If you’re looking for more brownie recipes, try my Brown Butter Brownies, Condensed Milk Brownies or Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- This peanut butter cup brownies recipe is made with both chocolate and cocoa powder!
- They are topped with peanut butter cups! Peanut butter cups add peanut butter and extra chocolate flavor.
- This recipe is so simple. Anyone can make these brownies!
- Make monster faces or use Reese’s peanut butter pumpkins for the best Halloween treat!
Step one: Combine the chocolate and butter in a large heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir as it melts.
Step two: Whisk in the sugar and eggs. Once melted, remove bowl from heat and whisk the sugar in. Add the eggs, whisking after each egg.
Step three: Whisk in the cocoa and salt. Use a spatula to fold in the flour until just combined. Avoid overmixing.
Step four: Pour the brownie batter into an 8 x 8 inch pan. Bake 30-35 minutes.
Step five: Five minutes after taking the brownies out of the oven, gently press the peanut butter cups on top of the brownies in any arrangement you like! Use Reese’s Pieces or M&Ms to create monster faces, if desired.
Hint: Keep in mind the brownies will continue to cook slightly when out of the oven, so do not over bake them.
SUBSTITUTIONS & VARIATIONS
Here are some things you can use to make the monster faces:
- Mini Peanut Butter Cups: Mini peanut butter cups work great!
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Pumpkins: These cute peanut butter pumpkins are pumpkin shaped peanut butter cups. They work great in place of regular peanut butter cups!
- Mini Reese’s Pieces: Their peanut butter and chocolate combo go so well with the brownies. They’re also perfect for monster eyes!
- Regular Reese’s Pieces: They will be larger but they should work. If you find them too large, you can always chop them in half or in quarters/bits.
- M&Ms: Use red M&Ms to give your monster faces scary eyes!
MORE PEANUT BUTTER RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE
Peanut Butter Cup Brownies
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 9 large or 16 smaller brownies
- Category: Desserts, Brownies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
These decadent Peanut Butter Cup Brownies are moist, fudgy, and chocolate and also happen to be easy to make!
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 7 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup Dutch process or unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
FOR THE TOPPINGS*
- peanut butter cups (use regular or the special Reese’s peanut butter pumpkins)
- Mini Reese’s Pieces (regular Reese’s Pieces or regular or Mini M&Ms can also be used)
- Line and lightly butter an 8 x 8 inch pan with parchment paper leaving enough to hang from the sides. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place chopped chocolate and butter in a large heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir the mixture as it melts. Remove bowl from heat and whisk the sugar in.
- Add the eggs, whisking after each egg. Whisk in the cocoa and salt, then fold in the flour until just combined. Avoid overmixing.
Pour the brownie batter into the pan and use a spatula or offset spatula to evenly spread out the brownies and smooth out the top. Bake 30-35 minutes until a toothpick when inserted in the center comes out clean and with only a few crumbs. Keep in mind the brownies will continue to cook slightly when out of the oven, so do not over bake them. Place pan on a wire rack and allow brownies to cool slightly.
Five minutes after taking the brownies out of the oven, gently press the peanut butter cups on top of the brownies in any arrangement you like! Use Reese’s Pieces or M&Ms to create monster faces, if desired.
Keywords: brownies, chocolate, double chocolate, cocoa, Reese’s pieces, peanut butter, peanut butter cups, Halloween, kids, holidays
Oh em gee! Is all I got for this recipe!! I baked this for Halloween and to say that my kiddos couldn’t stop eating this is an understatement. For all those chocolate and peanut butter lovers this you have to try.
Thank you Sam!! So happy you and your kids enjoyed these brownies! I agree-they are definitely a must for all the chocolate and peanut butter lovers!-Natalie