My oven is getting a rest with these no bake white chocolate cookie dough truffles. Edible cookie dough is so easy to throw together! Delicious and festive, these truffles make the best last minute dessert. With so many things to do around the holiday season, this white chocolate cookie dough recipe is the perfect quick dessert recipe you’ve been looking for!
Balls and truffles are one of my favorite things to make. They’re easy and people love eating them! They can also be stored in the freezer and are delicious frozen or at room temperature. My favorite ball/truffle recipe has to be peanut butter balls! When I don’t have time to make them, these cookie dough truffles are my second favorite treat to whip up!
HOW TO MAKE EDIBLE COOKIE DOUGH
I know a lot of people are unsure how to make edible cookie dough. It’s really as simple as leaving the eggs out and heat treating your flour. Follow the usual steps as if you’re making regular cookies, but, omit:
- baking soda
- baking powder
Heat treating the flour is a precautionary step to kill off any existing bacteria. This step is option but recommended.
All you need to do is spread the flour on a large parchment paper lined baking sheet and put it in a 350 F oven for five minutes. Allow it to cool then use the flour according to the recipe instructions.
To start, choose some chocolate. I used a big M&M chocolate bar and chopped it up. Other ideas for chocolate are:
- White chocolate bar or chips
- Dark chocolate bar or chips
- Milk chocolate bar or chips
HOW TO MAKE COOKIE DOUGH FROM SCRATCH
- Whisk flour and salt together and set aside. .
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, mix the butter, sugar, and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients.
- Stir in your chopped chocolate and form the dough into balls.
- Form the dough into 1/2″ balls (or any size you like) and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Freeze for at least 30 minutes. If you want to save them and dip them later, just put them in zip lock freezer bags after 30 minutes.
- The balls can be eaten as is or dipped in chocolate!
DIPPING COOKIE DOUGH IN CHOCOLATE
Melting the chocolate and dipping the balls is the fun part. Melt one type of chocolate or more than one and come up with different combinations. My favorite ones I made were the ones that I dipped in white chocolate and drizzled with melted dark chocolate. Melting chocolate in the microwave is so easy, so you can melt chocolate as needed.
I know you’ll love making, eating and sharing these white chocolate cookie dough truffles! Make and enjoy them today or make and save them and save them in the freezer. The’re so great to have on hand for when the craving strikes or friends stop by!
For more white chocolate recipes, make my:
- Blackberry White Chocolate Coffee Cake
- Lemon Pistachio Pomegranate Shortbread Cookies with White Chocolate
Everyone loves these easy, no bake White Chocolate Cookie Dough Truffles! They are easy to make, decadent and melt in your mouth delicious!
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour, heat treated (instructions below)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 100 gram chocolate bar, chopped
FOR THE TOPPING
- 1/2 cup– 3/4 cup white or dark chocolate chips, melted
TO TREAT THE FLOUR
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spread the flour evenly on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Bake five minutes. Cool completely.
FOR THE TRUFFLES
- Whisk together the flour and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter, sugar and vanilla on medium speed. With the mixer on low, gradually add the dry ingredients. Using a wooden spoon, stir in the chocolate.
- Form dough into 1/2″ balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place balls in freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Melt chocolate in a microwave safe by microwaving on 50% power for 30 second intervals. Stir every 30 seconds. Once chocolate is melted, take frozen cookie dough balls out of the freezer.
- Drop balls one at a time in the chocolate. Roll the ball around to cover completely. Use two forks to scoop the ball out. Gently pass the ball back and forth between forks to allow excess chocolate to fall off.
- Place balls on a baking sheet lined with wax paper and allow them to dry. Continue with the rest of the balls. If desired, melt milk or dark chocolate and fill a pastry bag or zip lock bag. Snip a small hole in a corner and decoratively pipe chocolate on top of the balls.
- Once decorated, place baking sheet in the freezer for at least 30 minutes to allow balls to freeze. Once frozen, store in an airtight container or freezer bag. Balls can be kept in the the fridge or freezer and can be eaten at room temperature, cold, or frozen!
Keywords: truffles, cookie dough, white chocolate